Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Yes indeed, The Grand Canyon.
A short little getaway prior to Fritz's Conference in Phoenix.
We managed to get in two days of hiking down into the canyon before the public park was shutdown to us, the public.
 
 
Along the way we chatted with people from all over the globe including an older-than-us couple in the final steps of a five day rim to rim journey, another duo just taking the first steps on their matching trek, and children from New Zealand who just wanted to get to Disneyland.
And then there were these encounters:
 
 


 
I was just proud to have the guts to go down a bit....and make the climb back up.
 
 
We made it about as far at the red dot, a three hour hike.
 
 
 
Such pretty sights along the way.
 

 
In the end, a glorious sunset.
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW ! What a beautiful place !

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

We never went down but did the south rim trail, amazing views, you've made me want to go back again

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh my Gosh that is absolutely beautiful I truly wish I was in your backpack. I like the mules :) Hug B

Lynne said...

Gorgeous . . . beautiful sights in the USA!

TexWisGirl said...

just remarkable beauty.

Debbie said...

gorgeous!! lucky you, lucky us....that you did not miss it while you were there!!

Nancy said...

*sigh* Just amazing photos! Love that last one especially.

pembrokeshire lass said...

Incredible! and for you to actually hike it...WOW!! We went to the Grand Canyon when we did a bus tour nearly 20 years ago and I didn't have time to do much more than walk around the rim a little way and take a plane trip over it....but to actually hike it...I would LUV to have been able to do that. I so envy you and what incredible stories you must have to tell about what it was like etc. Thanks so much for the photos. Joan

Cathy H. said...

Gorgeous country! Your photos have such depth to them and such beautiful colors! I don't know if I'd be able to hike very far!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've kept your post open to enjoy your amazing photos! It's been years since I went to the Grand Canyon and I can't wait to go again. I'm glad you got to hike some! It's hard to describe, isn't it? Sweet hugs!

Debbie said...

these are really gorgeous....i must go!!