Friday, July 8, 2016

Fibery Friday

I had such big plans for this years Tour de France Fleece. I was going to dust off my bicycle spinning wheel and dedicate myself to getting in shape turning all that wool from my sheep

Carnie and Mac in the front. Leo and Hassie behind.
 into lovely yarn. 
But then June happened with it's sorrows and delights and my heart was focused on relations and emotions and the page turned to July before I even thought about getting that dusting rag out.
As it should be. 

So I am a week late for the tour.
 
Spinning in motion

But working hard today and catching up nicely.


Just as soon as I get another three hundred yards of Carnie in skeins, I will hopefully be carding more of Mac on the Paul Brittan drum carder I picked up From the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival.


My plan for the TdeF was to spin this roving along with some mohair I won in last year's tour.
We will see.
 Not quite sure if that's the best course. 

One secret project is ever so slowly coming along. 


The other is hibernating so well that I am not even sure where it is.


My indigo plants are doing well. Doubled in size already. Big bunches of leaves should be ready to harvest in the fall. You good people will have to remind me to save time to play with dying what with this happy event going on and all. 


I hope you have a fun and productive day as well
Happy Friday to all.



5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a fantastic thing to take wool from your own sheep and turn it into yarn to work with. WOW!

I love the piece you are working on.

Look forward to seeing the blue color you will get from your indigo plants.

I can just imagine the excitement of the upcoming wedding.

Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady

Lynne said...

Missy, Missy . . . you are an amazing one indeed.
"Good Stock" as my papa used to say . . .
Oh my . . . beautiful doesn't even begin to describe the "beauty" you are creating!
Plus spinning, designing, indiago planting, dying wool . . .
And a special event happening at Lindenberry this year too.
Grandchildren, house guests, children, planning, cooking, garden tending . . .
Wow . . . I know what you need . . .
How about yoga . . . together . . .

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

Goodness 2 blog posts, well done on the yarn it looks amazing. Enjoy some me time, you deserve it after this last year xx

ElaineChicago said...

Such a lovely color!! Is that from the sheep in the front in your picture?
Spinning like crazy over here too. 1 1/2 pounds of CVM/Cotswold/BFL in dark brown. Only one more pound to go plus all the tips I've hand processed because they are such a beautiful color.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Beautiful spinning!!! And I love the B&W shot!