Sunday, May 21, 2017

Blue, Purple...Periwinkle!

Last year around this time, I set about focusing on my flower beds and borders. Planted some new roses and perennials, realigned some edges and moved a few already established plants left long ago by the predecessors of my home in this beautiful valley.


I had kind of forgotten about all that work.



Then May happened,
and all the blooms have been a delightful surprise.



{Thank you Lynne}


I have been drawn to the many shades of blue and purple all around me.


{ a future cabled pullover and a light lacey shawl}


You see, Periwinkle is the color of support for Stomach and Esophageal Cancers.
That ugliness has invaded the very core of our family.

For the past several months, we have had a compassionate and knowledgeable medical care team, and help and love from dear ones at a moments notice.
Most of all, we have a Faith filled Family and a good outlook for the future.

{Gifts of encouragement}

But if a color could cure my beloved,


we have that covered.☺

11 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

That is a beautiful colour. Sending all my prayers and hugs my friend. HUGS B

Bonnie said...

Yes, a beautiful happy and hopeful color. Holding you in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

Beautiful, you know you are both constantly in our thoughts, stay strong xxx

Lynne said...

Now I know why I needed periwinkle colors in my
large pots, arrangements this year.
I will double up, triple up on that caring and prayerfulness . . .
for your love and for you . . .
Hope you replaced those pinks with some periwinkle . . .
Caring ~
Lynne

Latane Barton said...

Now you are talking my language.... purple!

Jane Mc said...

Love your blog and love your daughters as well. Have planted lots of purples in my garden this year! Sending prayers and healing wishes your way.

Rose said...

so sorry to hear of the troubles with cancer...cancer seems to pop up in one form or another in all families. Will pray.

Lynn said...

I'm so glad you have this glorious beauty around you right now.

Leonora said...

I love all those beautiful "surprises" in your garden this spring.
I will be holding your family in my prayers. And I will be thinking of you all every time I see these beautiful blues and purples in the landscape.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors! And since I also knit, what are you making!

UplayOnline said...

Sending all my prayers and hugs my friend. HUGS B


แตกใน xxx