Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Gifts

Sue and Peter arrived with what seemed a suitcase full of gifts from their hometown in England. 
 
Not just for me, but my family as well
 
 
How incredibly thoughtful.
 
How do I thank a woman who took the time to knit a personalized vest...er,  jumpers, as they are called in the UK...for each of my grandsons. Sue even contacted my daughter on the sly to find out the initial of the baby boy in progress.
 

 
 
The greatest gift she brought across the pond?
 

 
Friendship.

 
 
 


9 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

that is super sweet. what great gifts & memories. you will never forget this time together.

i wonder - will you get a chance to see her home place, ever? ( :

Lynne said...

and the best of these . . . friendship. And who says it can't happen through this device or another . . .

The "jumpers" are adorable . . . and now there will be three?

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh Sue is an amazing talented knitter and how lucky you both are to find each other.I love when this happens. Have fun with your thoughtful friends. B

Unknown said...

Friendship is the best ! Enjoy time with your friend !

Allison said...

Sweet. What beautiful women, too.

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

It was my pleasure, how could I come empty handed. We actually call them slipovers or sweater vests. Jumpers/pullovers have sleeves, what you call a sweaters, you'd never think we speak the same language! (-:

On another note I really like my top, I don't normally wear patterns, it looks ok!!!

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

and yes I hope Joan will visit ......soon

Beth said...

Such beautiful gifts, and yes, friendship is the best gift of all.

TexWisGirl said...

oh my gosh! what a dear, dear friend!