Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The Lady's Sweater

It start just the same as the Men's Sweater, with raising that cute little lamb and all.


But this time I pulled out the lighter shades of gray of Carnie's fleece and blended it with some mohair I had been gifted during the Tour de Fleece a few years back.



It was all just another experiment gone right. The result is such a soft lofty yarn with just a touch of shimmer and halo that was a dream to spin and knit with.


The pattern is one I has admired for a while, Ann Hanson's Violet.  My own homegrown, handspun yarn seemed like a good choice to do it justice.


{How about those buttons?!}

Most of the this knitting took place during our every other week sessions at the infusion lab.
Fritz's nurses have tracked my progress on this one and I look forward to showing them the finished project. They are a wonderful group of people, 

who take such good care of us. 
Always Grateful, 
~Joan










12 comments:

Buttons alias Grace said...

It is gorgeous. Sending love and hugs. xo HUGS B/Grace

Buttons alias Grace said...

I have moved if you were looking for me HUGS B
https://buttonsthoughts.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

hi joan, it is absolutely gorgeous. i adore the color and all of the "jazzy" touches. the lacy boarder, the "on-purpose holes" and the buttons are delightful...all of it, it is just perfect!!

and might i say, it looks great on the model!!!

Lynne said...

Oh my Joan . . .
So pretty . . .
I love it . . .
Beautiful creating . . .
Thank you to those fleece fluffs!

Lynne said...

and your talents!

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

Your end result is stunning. Worth all the effort that went into it, and a good use of your waiting time. hugs to both of you xx

Lynne said...

I love the same kind of look like your blog pic . . .
Hands on hip . . .
Two Sweaters . . . same person . . . hair . . .

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i am always amazed by people who do this sort of work. my great aunt tried to teach me but i just would not sit down and be patient and learn. love the lacy look. so fancy. do u ever sale your wears? ( ;

Leonora said...

It's an absolutely beautiful sweater! And to think you not only knit it, but grew the fleece and spun the yarn! Amazing.

Debbie said...

i laughed so hard at your comment today, i hope you are knitting and enjoying the summer!!

Christa said...

You are having so much fun with your fleece, yarn, and knitting, aren’t you? The combination did turn out really nicely. Good work! Have a fabulous week Joan. Christa

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yikes! I missed this earlier. What a gorgeous sweater!!!