Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tomatopalooza


About the only thing that is thriving in my garden...or really surviving the heat, drought, my absence, and  the ground hog and/or rabbits...are the tomatoes! 




I've been canning tomatoes,




and making tomaoto salads

and baking tomato pie



and eating tomoto sandwiches on beer bread
and giving lots away...still they line my countertops




so as a last resort, I'm 
decorating with tomotoes!



(Nevermind that this took place after several glasses of wine with my sister-in-law)




3 comments:

sue said...

chutney, sauce? Like to see you remove the tomatoes when they have gone mouldy, you will defo need to have had a few for that!!

MarmePurl said...

No worries Sue, the tomatoes have been safely removed from the chandelier!

Donna said...

Love the tomato chandelier Joan!
I think I need your tomato pie recipe...:)