Monday, October 17, 2011

Old Friends

A couple of old...as in childhood...friends of Fritz's and their wives came to The Farm for 3 days with Harley's in tow.



Dave and Buddy (along with Danny who will be coming in a few weeks) grew up together in what must have been just a wonderful place to be a kid. I never tire of their stories. I met the whole gang of them sometime in my teens and am very happy to have been part of the lore from that point on. I do admitt that it has sometimes been a bit awkward for my children to have heard some of those stories...



The weekend was filled with laughter, games, storytelling and lots (and lots) of general merriment.
And of course a couple of outings on those Harleys. We rode many a country road along the Shennadoah River and experienced breathtaking autumn views from atop the mountains.



Our youngest showed up on Sunday to ride with us....how awesome is it that a 19 year old wanted to hang out with his half century plus old parents and their friends instead of his college buddies?
If only I could find a way to temper those stories...

2 comments:

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

good times, fun to share the memories with old friends

Allison said...

Hub and I have thought about taking a motorcycle and crossing the US when we're older. :) I hope we're still in good shape when it's time to do that, and when we do... maybe we'll swing by your farm for some sweet tea!