Wednesday, October 5, 2011

On and Off the Needles

My daughter's dress is off the needles!



 Just needs a final try-on before blocking and the finishing touches. Which of course Requires another trip to the West Coast. (only 19 more days to go!). I won't post another photo of Allegheny again until it is on Kate, so please check back.

On the needles are a pair of knee-hi boot socks to keep my legs cozy this winter at The Farm....I could knit my way through 'Country Weekend Socks' ...such beautiful projects.


The yarn is Three Irish Girls washable DK on size 5 needles so is working up very quickly and is nice and thick.
The air is crisp here in Virginia...I am already cold and thinking I am going to have to start a Hexipuff Basket to make a BeeKeepers Quilt..
                                          (  ...and then study up on BeeKeeping for the possibility of adding a hive to The Farm...)
~~~~
Linking with
Work-in Progress Wednesdays

11 comments:

pinkundine said...

Wow, you're speedy! Can't believe you finished the dress already, it would take me forvever ;) Looks great, so I can't wait to see the final shots

Karen said...

WOW! You are a quick knitter:) I can't wait to see the dress.
The sock looks great!

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Both look wonderful - great colours. I think you need to start a Beekeeper's Quilt, it's such fun! :)

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

Love it all Joan, can't believe you have finished the dress, you obviously have too much time on your hands

Sam Findlay said...

Socks look great! Love the yarn!

autumngeisha said...

Wow, can't wait to see the finished dress! Knee high socks sound so cozy and perfect for the cooler weather ahead. I love the colors. I am having so much fun working on the Beekeeper's quilt. Would love some company :)

Marushka C. said...

The dress is gorgeous! Beautiful job on the cables and in such a lovely color, too.

I love traveling through Virginia & dream of moving there someday.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

I love the colors in your knee highs!

Alittlebitsheepish said...

I have heard good things about the sock book so I look forward to hearing what you think.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Ill take a pair of sock too

Anonymous said...

The sox look great. I may have to try that pattern ;^)

Kate is going to look wonderful in the dress.

Don't the boys need sox too?