Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sage Cookies

These savory shortbead treats are perfect with a cup of tea on a crisp fall day. Even better with cocktails on a Friday night.




2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
 2 teaspoons dried sage
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup  unsalted butter, softened

350 degree oven,  cook time 20-25 minutes

Stir dry ingredients together and then work in butter with a fork until the dough comes together. Divide dough in half and shape each into a log. Chill until firm (or freeze one for later use!). When ready, slice into 1/4 inch pieces and bake. Enjoy.





4 comments:

Allison said...

I'll take them with the cocktails. :)

The other evening it was so chilly and windy I opened a bottle of creamy liquor that I poured over ice. Starting to have the winter hankering for hot Buttered Rum!

Thanks for this recipe - my hubby loves sage!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy.

I'm gonna try these...maybe this weekend.

Karen

Meg said...

I have a whole sage plant in the backyard I've been wondering what to use for. Thanks for the recipe!

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

sound good will give it a go. Must admit we are having a small cherry vodka each evening, just to hold the cold weather off you understand!