Friday, January 11, 2013

January Projects, Part 3

Fiberworks.
 
A little Knitting.
 
Kroy FX
 
BabyCocktails' Gibson Shell in Mulberry Merino
 

a hat made from scraps
 
 
A little drapery making
 
 
For the city condo
 
A little learning something new.
Heirloom sewing.
The style of delicate table linens, camisoles and Christening outfits.
So while the men in my family have been on their computers getting the latest up to the minute ...er I mean up to the millisecond ...news on RG3's knee surgery, or fantasy Football stats, or 4 wheelers for sale, or videos of silly boy/man stunts,
I have been overcompensating the opposite direction absorbing pictures of fine Irish linens, beautiful monogramming and delicate lace.
 
So, I've bought a bolt of white linen...

 

*Sharing with Fiber Arts Friday


15 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

I like the thought of heirloom sewing it was a true art. Beautiful work you do. B

Unknown said...

Oh, what will the linen become? Love the burgundy yarn, so rich. My poor husband is surrounded by 3 girls, so he would likely love to hang with your guys!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Hmmm...and what will that linen become?

Lynne said...

Love the socks, Mulberry Merino and the White Linen . . . I can't wait to see what you create! ENJOY!

TexWisGirl said...

the hat is really cute.

sarah in the woods said...

Oh wow! Such beautiful knitting. I can't even pick a favorite.

Paula said...

You're busy! Love all of it, but especially that beautiful mulberry sweater -- I can't wait to see how it turns out in that gorgeous color!

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

goodness you have been busy. I love the mulberry yarn, looks so rich. White linen, you have plenty there to work with, look forward to seeing what you do with it

Beth said...

You are so creative!

stitchin' girl said...

I used to dabble in heirloom sewing when my oldest two daughters were little. We have some lovely little dresses.

I love that hat you made out of scraps!! The green and the white look so nice together.

Will be checking back to see what you come up with for the linen :o)

Cathy Johnson said...

I like the colour of that mulberry merino, the shell is going to be beautiful. Wish I could sew...

WonderWhyGal said...

ooooh, I love your projects. I keep favoriting cardis but haven't cast one on yet.

LOVE those socks too.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Wow....lets see what you make with that....the socks are great!

Anonymous said...

I really love that hat. My girls knit/crochet all the time but they've never combined them so intricately. Beautiful!

Kathryn Ray said...

I like that green and white hat... and looking forward to what becomes of that fresh linen.