Friday, November 13, 2020

Taking Stock

                                                                                      
    In the past year and a half I have learned to download and understand a wiring diagram, make an airline reservation, what a fuel solenoid fuse is, maintain the pool, switch implements on the tractor, use the smoker to make some amazing meats, fix all kinds of stuff , listen to my body when it needs rest, listen to my heart when it just needs, revamp the playhouse, wallpaper the 'cocktail room',  actually use those implements that I have figured out how to attach, make friends, hire contractors and speak  knowledgably to them, walk into a room alone, unload crates off a tractor trailer with the pallet forks, fish snakes out of the pool, do it all myself, ask for help, fire up a chain saw, get a building permit, draw a sketch of a building Fritz and I had planned long ago to add to our farm.....and have a builder interpret it so beautifully into this:  


                                                                                

                                                                       My combo greenhouse/potting 
                                             shed/rebarn/woolhouse/overflowhouseguestspace/excaperoom 
                                                                            she shed ladies lair. 
                                                                           Or, as I like to call it,

 The Garden House

Still a work in progress {both the building and me}, but progress it is. 

My family and friends have been constant lifelines and encouragers.

To all I say Thank-you.


the sheep however, are unimpressed








4 comments:

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

You have done an amazing job, I’m sure Fritz would be proud of you and you should be proud of yourself. I hope to one day get to visit the Garden House xx

Lynne said...

You are amazing girl . . .
Chain saw? I am impressed!
And the Garden House . . . wonderful!

Debbie said...

oooooh joan, i had a big smile on my face as i read this!! you are just now learning all the things you can do, you can do anything!!

the greenhouse is gorgeous!!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

I am very impressed :-D.