Monday, April 29, 2013

Nests

The construction industry is alive and booming among the various species of birds here at our place.
There is nesting going on everywhere.
 

 
 Even in the grill.

 
In the very early spring, I scattered about all the snippets of yarn I had been saving over the winter hoping that some would be up-cycled in to insulation for the birds as they were  last year.

 
 
A few have been picked up.
The nest builders at Punkins Patch have even more clever supplies to work with. Those birds have an amazing array of fiber goodness to work with.
Such wonderful ideas we learn from bloggers.
 
 
I get so excited the day I see the eggs filling the homes built for them. Then quickly my heart sighs knowing it will be so short lived.


 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


7 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

I took pictures of a crazy, crazy nest the other day but haven't had time to post it yet. She took a long piece of yarn (that I wondered where it had disappeared to :-) and has it woven all over...but not very tidily :-D.

TexWisGirl said...

too cute. as a kid in wisconsin, i saw cedar waxwings trying to get pieces off of our clotheslines that were made of baling twine (binder twine). i snipped pieces of yarn and laid them over the clothes lines so the birds could pull them off. :)

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

I love the fact they have taken over your grill, no cook outs for a while then!

Lynne said...

Love nest looking and peeking at the results . . . the soft blue of the eggs . . . I remember reading once about a nest made of human hair . . . really liked TexWis' comment . . . beautiful natural art form . . . with a little help from friends . .

Buttons Thoughts said...

Wow the barbecue nest is huge:)
I love watching the construction going on here too. My favourite time of year. Hug B

Cathy H. said...

These guys know how to pick some dandy spots for nests!! So much for cooking out!! Hope your get to take pictures of the little ones!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow they really are inventive! That is really a big nest in the grill.